1960 Cadillac Series 52: First Senior Compact?

Yes, Silliness Ensues

My rendering is comical and meant to be, but the idea was an interesting one. I wondered what Cadillac would have had to do if given the edict to offer a "compact" car in 1960. I thought about what the marque would have to give up to meet the size and cost restraints, and how they'd make the best of them. 
  • Shorter, taller body for maximum interior room
  • Flatter sideglass and backlight but a complicated front windshield would be engineered to keep a strong resemblance to the larger cars
  • Dual instead of quad headlights
  • Bodyside argent two-toning, to not only differentiate from the senior models but to camouflage the cheaper-to-produce painted grille insert
  • Fewer body stampings, no fender skirts
I think a Cadillac version of the '61 Tempest/Special/F85 would have been the more appropriate styling direction, but I knew from the start I wanted this to be a fun rendering. Maybe I'll do a more serious one in the future...